47. ročník Mezinárodního filmového festivalu Krakov
Místo konání: Krakov, Polsko
Dates: 31. května - 5. června 2007
Více informací zde najdete v AJ:
THE VERDICT OF THE FEATURE-LENGHT DOCUMENTARY COMPETITION JURY
Having watched all the competition films the Feature-Lenght Documentary Competition Jury of the 47th Krakow Film Festival consisting of Alexander Gutman - chairman (Russia), Joao Correa (Belgium) and Arthur Reinhart (Poland) has decided to award the following prize:
The Grand Prix – The Golden Horn to “Jimmy Rosenberg – The Father, The Son & The Talent” directed by Jeroen Berkvens (Netherlands) for the search of love and hope in the immensity of cruelty and suffering
and the Honorary Diplomas to:
“The Warrior”, directed by Jacek Blawut (Poland), for the search of the eternal truth of the human existence,
Ton Peters, the director of photography of “Jimmy Rosenberg – The Father, The Son & The Talent” for the wonderful cinematography.The Jury would like to emphasize the particularly high level of the new competition of the Krakow Film Festival.
THE VERDICT OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION JURY
Having watched all the competition films the International Competition Jury of the 47th Krakow Film Festival consisting of Andrzej Żulawski - chairman (Poland), Claas Danielsen (Germany), Sayoko Kinoshita (Japan), Jean-Pierre Berckmans (Belgium) and Sergei Loznitsa (Russia) has decided to award the following prizes :
- Grand Prix – The Golden Dragon to the film “Dad” directed by Daniel Mulloy (Great Britain)
- The Silver Dragon for the Director of the Best Animated Film to the film “Dreams and Desires – Family Ties” directed by Joanna Quinn (Great Britain)
- The Silver Dragon for the Director of the Best Fiction Film to the film “Lampa cu caciula” / “The Tube With a Hat” directed by Radu Jude (Romania)
- The Silver Dragon for the Director of the Best Documentary Film to the film “Zawiedionka” / “As Is Their Wont” directed by Galina Adamovich (Belarus)
- The Prix UIP Cracow – a nomination for the European Film Award in the short film category
to the film “Dad” directed by Daniel Mulloy (Great Britain)
- The Special Mention to the films:
“Kabal i Hjerter” / “Hearts” directed by oyvind Sandberg (Norway)
and “Plakat” / “Poster” directed by Andrei Zaitsev (Russia)
VERDICT OF THE NATIONAL COMPETITION JURY
Having watched all 31 competition films the Jury of the National Competition of the 47. Krakow Film Festival consisting of: Dorota Kedzierzawska – the chairwoman, Lidia Duda, Hieronim Neuman, Wojciech Kuczok and Bogumil Godfrejów, has decided to award the following films with regulation prizes:
- Grand Prix – The Golden Hobby-Horse for the film „52 percent” / “The 52 procent” directed by Rafal Skalski. The prize was awarded unanimously.
- The Silver Hobby-Horse for the Best Documentary Film for „Wolność jest darem Boga” / “Freedom is a God-Given Gift” directed by Cezary Ciszewski,
- The Silver Hobby-Horse for the Best Animated Film for “Arka” / “The Ark” directed by Grzegorz Jonkajtys,
The Jury has decided not to award the Silver Hobby-Horse for the best fiction film because of too small number of fiction films participating in the competition.
- The Honorary Diploma for animated film „Monodram” / “A Monodrama” directed by Przemyslaw Adamski for innovation and artistic values.
The Jury has decided to award the following additional prizes:
- The President of the Association of Polish Filmmakers Award for Miroslaw Dembiński, director of the film „Lekcja bialoruskiego” / “A Lesson of Bielarussian”
- The President of the Polish State Television Award for the Best Documentary film for Rafal Skalski, director of the film „52 procent” / “The 52 Percent”
- The President of Polish State Television Award for the Best Director of Photography of a documentary film for Jakub Giza for pictures for the film „52 procent” / „The 52 procent”
- The President of the Association of Polish Filmmakers Award for the Best Editing in the film „52 procent” („The 52 procent”) for Cecylia Pacura
- The Maciej Szumowski Award founded by Kino Polska and Cyfrowy Polsat ex equo for the films „Kredens” / „A Cupboard” directed by Jacob Dammas and the film ”Radek” directed by Magnus von Horn
- A Bronislaw Chromy Sculpture for the Best Producer of Polish short and documentary films for Krzysztof Kopczyński of „Eureka Media”
- Kodak Award – 10 rolls of 16 mm film print for the best film for Rafal Skalski the director of the film „52 procent” / „The 52 procent”
THE VERDICT OF THE FIPRESCI JURY /International Film Critics/
The FIPRESCI Jury at 47th Krakow Film Festival consisting of: Barbara Kosecka (Poland), Nadezhda Mihaylova Marinchevska (Bulgaria), Thomas Rothschild (Germany) has decided to grant its award to the film „Printed Rainbow” directed by Gitanjali Rao (India)
THE VERDICT OF THE FICC JURY / FÉDÉRATION INTERNATIONALE DES CINÉ-CLUBS/
Having watched all the competition films the the FICC Jury at 47th Krakow Film Festival consisting of: Maciej Gil (Poland), John Gault (Ireland) and Hans-Christian Grimm (Germany) has decided to grant the Don Kichote Award to the film “Dreams & Desires – Family Ties” directed by Joanna Quinn (Great Britain).
The prize was awarded unanimously for the full of humour combination of film classics, amateur wedding video and professional animation.
The FICC Jury would like to emphasize particulary high level of all the films presented in the competition.
THE STUDENT JURY VERDICT
The International Competition Students Jury consisting of: Martyna Olszowska, Bogna Chudek and Paulina Kwas has decided to award ex equo the film „Nothing to be scared of” directed by Malgorzata Szumowska (Poland) for reminding that the death is nothing to be scared of and the film „Mon dernier rôle” / „My last role” directed by Olivier Ayache - Vidal (France) for very realistic attitude to death.
The Special Mention for the film „Dreams and Desires – Family Ties” directed by Joanna Quinn (Great Britain) for the visual beauty of photography and the truth in cinematography.
The National Competition Students Jury consisting of: Kinga Kijak, Iwona Lyko and Mariusz Markiewicz has decided to award the film „The First Day” directed by Marcin Sauter for the subtle grasp of passing childhood moments and visual sensitivity.
The Jury has decided to distinguish the film „A Cupboard” directed by Jacob Dammas for precise observation, sense of humour and determination in the search of the family memorabilias.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
- International Competition - „Fetch” dir. Dana Dorian
- National Competition – “The runaway” dir. Marek Tomasz Pawlowski
- Feature – Length Documentary Competition – “The Existence” dir. Marcin Koszalka
For more, go to www.cff.pl