CAUCADOC is a project run by People in Need (PIN) and partner organizations from the South Caucasus - Sakdoc Film, Internews Media Support and Eastern Partnership Culture Programme. CAUCADOC aims to support documentary filmmaking in the South Caucasus, making use of PIN´s experience organizing the world's largest human rights documentary film festival One World.
CAUCADOC invites documentary film teams (directors and producers) from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia to apply for participation in its intensive project development course by May 20. Download the application form.
Selected teams will be offered participation at a 6 month training course (2 week-long workshops and continuous online support). With the support of international and local tutors the teams will develop their film ideas, focusing on content and form of their project as well as on the production strategy.
In conclusion of the course, the teams will get an opportunity to present their projects to international film funders and festival representatives during the PitchDoc at the Tbilisi IFF. Most promising teams will also be provided with scholarships to attend important European documentary film events (One World and East Doc Platform in Prague, Amsterdam's IDFA, DOK Leipzig) in 2013.
Dates of CAUCADOC project development workshops 2012:
Workshop 1: July 12-17, 2012, Georgia
Workshop 2: beginning of December, 2012, Tbilisi, Georgia
1) CAUCADOC is looking for creative documentary projects at any stage of development. Journalistic projects will not be considered for selection.
2) Only projects from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia will be considered.
3) In order to apply, you have to have a team of director and producer.
4) Both director and producer should take part in both workshops.
5) Working language is English.
6) In case your project is selected, you are obliged to pay a participation fee of EUR 80 per team before Workshop 1 (participation fee includes tuition, accommodation and meals at both workshops). Travel costs will be reimbursed upon arrival to the workshops.
Projects will be assessed by a selection committee made up of CAUCADOC organizers and international experts. Selection will be made based on the creative quality of the project/story and the competences of the team. We welcome projects at every stage of development, so applicants with projects in early stage of development shall not be discouraged. Final results of the project selection will be announced by email by approx. June 8, 2012.
Max. number of selected projects: 9. Please note that CAUCADOC does not finance production of the films. Applying is free of charge.