Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries 2012
Riga / Latvia
Pitching Workshop: September 5 - 7, 2012 / Pitching: September 8 - 9, 2012
Application Deadline: June 8, 2012, online application form here.
Final Selection: July 10, 2012 / Observer Registration: August 17, 2012
The National Film Centre of Latvia in collaboration with European Documentary Network, Baltic Films and the Latvian Producers Association organizes the 16th Forum for producers of documentary films from the Baltic States, Belarus, Poland, Russia, Ukraine and Georgia, as well as producers from other European countries if the film subject relates to the Baltic Region or Russia. The aim of the Forum is to create a platform where documentary producers pitch their latest projects to a number of commissioning editors from the Baltic and international television channels, distributors and film institutions.
Who can apply? Independent production companies from the Baltic States, Belarus, Poland, Russia, Ukraine and Georgia, as well as from other European countries if the documentary subject relates to the Baltic Region or Russia.
Producers may enter up to 3 projects each. Apart from traditional documentaries the BSF also provides a platform for cross media projects and documentary animations. One project may be sent in for selection up to 3 times. Projects pitched in the previous editions are ineligible. Priority is given to projects having some financial commitment from broadcasters or film institutions.
- filled-out Baltic Sea Forum Application Form
- Short description of the production company, producer and director (all on one page)
- One page synopsis of the project
- Copies of letters of interest from broadcasters and other financiers (if available)
- One print quality photo of the project and one of the producer or person(s) pitching the project,
- DVD trailer/visual material of the current project