Application deadline: October 25, 2011 (no late or incomplete applications will be accepted)
Eligible regions: Africa, Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe (excluding EU members)
Entry form: Available HERE.
About Visions Sud Est Fund:
In order to place emphasis on aiding the fragile structures of film production in countries of the three continents in the South and East, Visions Sud Est was founded in 2005 on the initiative of Walter Ruggle, Director of the Trigon-film Foundation, Jean Perret, the Festival Director of Visions du Réel, and Martial Knaebel, for many years the head of the Film Festival of Fribourg. This initiative was supported by the Swiss Federal Directorate for Development and Cooperation. 1037 projects have since been evaluated, and 57 film productions have received support. For Walter Ruggle, who also heads the Fund, it is important that "the film industry not be limited to the North and West and that there be a balance to the immense amount promoting European productions.”
- full-length (with a duration of at least 70 minutes) cinema fictional films and documentaries in postproduction (no short films, no TV films!)
- produced exclusively by a company based in a country from the South (Africa, Latin America and Asia) or from Eastern Europe (excluding EU members) and regularly producing films by filmmakers in these countries.
- support of the production of fictional films on the basis of documents attesting to the feasibility of the project (minimum 40% of the financing have to be already acquired before submitting a request).
- support of the finishing (post-production) of fictional and documentary films on the basis of a first cut and a finishing concept.
- A fictional film project will be supported with a maximum of 50'000 Swiss francs for production or a maximum of 20'000 Swiss francs for post-production. A documentary will be supported with a maximum of 15'000 Swiss francs for post-production. This support entails the global distribution rights for Switzerland. The amount granted by the Visions Sud Est Fund for one single project may not exceed 10% of the fund's means.
For more regulations regarding the support of film productions by the Visions Sud Est association, click HERE.
- Apply via the form on Visions Sud Est website and send the the complete application file by post.
-your application file must be submitted in duplicate (including accompanying DVDs).
- all documents must be in English or French.
- Please note that Visions Sud Est Fund does not accept incomplete applications!
- FOR PRODUCTION SUPPORT:
- final version of the screenplay (draft versions are not accepted)
- synopsis and, if available, treatment, storyboard, photographic documentation etc.
- production schedule
- detailed budget - global budgets will not be accepted.
- financial plan with clear indications about confirmed and requested funds.
ATTENTION: we only accept projects that have already acquired at the minimum 40% of their financing.
- FOR POST-PRODUCTION SUPPORT:
- all items mentioned above, except the screenplay, budget, financial plan and production plan of the whole production!
- 2 DVDs with a first cut, corresponding to at least two thirds of the film, subtitled in English or French
- the post-production plan
- the post-production budget and corresponding financial plan (in addition to the budget and financing plan of the whole production as listed above)
For more information and details about the application, click HERE.
Visions Sud Est