Application deadline: August 31, 2011
The Committee of Experts which will examine new applications, will be held in October 2011. You can read the MEDIA Guidelines for the support scheme and the conditions for eligibility.
The current Europa Cinemas network extends to 2,789 screens in 1,036 cinemas in 588 cities across 60 countries. MEDIA invests around €8.5 million a year to help European cinemas show European films, in particular those from different countries than the one where the cinema is based. The required percentage of European non-national films screenings for cinemas with two or more screens to receive full support is 35%.
Cinemas of the following countries can apply:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United-Kingdom.
Steps to take when applying for Europa Cinemas:
1/ Confirm your wish to apply to Europa Cinemas. To do so, please send us an email at info(at)europa-cinemas.org with the following information:
- Name and Address of the applying cinema(s)
- Number of screen(s) per applying cinema(s)
- Name, Address, Phone/Fax numbers (with country code and city code) and Email of the Exhibition Company
- First name, Surname, Address and Email of the Legal Representative (Signatory)
- First name, Surname, Email and Position of the contact
You will then receive your LOGIN and PASSWORD and have access to the Member Zone.
Your application must be made ONLINE on MEMBER ZONE (through the homepage of the Europa Cinemas website).
2/ Register your application through the Member Zone. You must refer to the Instruction Guide sent with your codes or which you may download on the Member Zone’s Homepage.
- Fill in all the information concerning the cinema and exhibition company
- Complete the programming of the first 2010 semester (or upload via an Excel sheet).
- Validate your application and download the application form automatically completed.
3/ Send the following by post: application form submitted on the Member Zone printed, dated and signed, the list of the initiatives by your cinema aimed at Young Audiences, copies of publications issued by the cinema, a copy of a form of box office receipts for the distributor, photos of both the film theatre and the exhibitor.
54 rue Beaubourg - F-75003 PARIS
T +33 1 42 71 53 70
F +33 1 42 71 47 55