FOCAL International is a non-profit organization dedicated to promote the usage of library footage, stills, audio and other archive materials. Besides the year-round services offered to creative companies seeking archives, FOCAL annually honors the best audiovisual programmes, artistic pieces, as well as researchers and institutions that attend to archive footage. There are 16 competition categories spanning from the Best Usage of Footage in a Factual Production to Lifetime Achievement Award – find the full list with detailed information about individual categories and criteria here. The awards jury will consider the way the usage contributes to the overall message and artistic value of the production, however, it also acclaims the hard work that makes the footage available and usable.
Submission form and supporting material must arrive to FOCAL office by December 1, 2011 (unless the work is premiered in December).
• Submit your production online.
• Only works broadcast or released between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011 are accepted.
• The submission fee is £60 (+VAT) for 14 categories.
• Submissions are open worldwide, there is no need to be a registered FOCAL member.
• The FOCAL jury asks for 3-4 DVD copies (depending on category) English dubbed or with English subtitles.
• The nominations will be announced in March 2012.
• The awards will be announced on May 2nd, 2012.
• There is 3-member jury allocated to each category, the juries may change the category of the submission to a more suitable one.
• Submission does not necessarily guarantee nomination.
FOCAL INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
79 College Road
Harrow HA1 1BD
Tel: +44 (0)20 3178 3535
Fax: +44 (0)20 3178 3533