THE INSTITUTE OF DOCUMENTARY FILM is a non-profit centre based in Prague, Czech Republic, focused on the support of EAST EUROPEAN creative documentary film. Having a unique position in the East European region, IDF serves as an umbrella for film professionals from twelve new member states. During six years of its existence, IDF has created a number of mainstay events, such as the Ex Oriente Film Workshop, East European Forum, East Silver Doc Market and the panel of DocuTalents from the East, as well as long-term projects, such as the weekly updated www.DOCUinter.net with news for producers and the Documentary Map of Europe boasting Eastern Europe's largest industry database. IDF cooperates with major European associations and training programmes, commissioning editors and distributors, and enables East European authors to take part in international cooperation.
With two of the Institute's members, Andrea Prenghyová and Ivana Miloševič not being able to dedicate their full time to IDF for next two years, the Institute is ready to bring in a fresh face. In the small team of 5 people, we would like to welcome a new inspiring personality with a vision for IDF's future, a capable leader as well as a good team player, who would bring a breath of fresh air. Essential for the position is the ability to combine previous experience with creativity, and to bring innovative ideas enriching IDF's activities.
Description of the position
Applicants profile: An inspiring personality with a vision for the future of IDF, capable of providing leadership for IDF staff. A creative person experienced in the European film industry (film production/training/promotion/distribution), with a network of contacts within the film/television communities in their native region, preferably with an extended focus on East and Central Europe. The applicant should have good organisational, communicational and fund-raising skills.
- knowledge and understanding of IDF's work, the industry, and documentary filmmaking
- excellent level of contacts in the European documentary industry
- proven business-planning and fund-raising skills
- experience in training, ability to manage training events
- excellent people-management skills
- hands-on documentary filmmaking experience would be an advantage
- office in Prague
- working language is English, other languages an advantage
- availability for extensive travelling throughout the year
- the position is for a 2-year period
January/February 2008 (at the latest)
Deadline for applications:
October 1, 2007
How to apply:
Please send a written application to the Institute of Documentary Film, firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include:
- personal letter containing motivation, description of the skills that the applicant will be bringing to IDF and their vision for IDF's future
- references by film/TV professionals are appreciated.
For additional information, please visit the IDF website WWW.DOCUINTER.NET or call/fax Tereza Horská: +420 224 21 48 58.
The application procedure is confidential; your referees will only be contacted with your specific advance permission.