The TransISTor Workshops Series is organized by CIANT - International Centre for Art and New Technologies, a Prague-based international platform for research, production and presentation of creative use of information and communication technologies within the arts, often intersecting with various scientific domains.
Application deadline is June 20, 2012. To register, please click here.
• S3D Documentary Closer to Reality
July 2-5, 2012 - Prague, CZE
- cameras and optics suitable for S-3D documentary filming,
- methods of S-3D preparation “on the fly”,
- possibilities of S-3D for new ways of narration in documentary movies, etc.
• S3D Fiction Imagination Expanded
July 9-12, 2012 - Prague, CZE
- storyboard and script specifics of S-3D,
- theory of S-3D shooting (alignment, convergence, depth, etc.),
- S-3D equipment (stereoscopic rig, beam splitter, etc.),
- S-3D personnel (stereographer, etc.),
- tracking the stereo rig (match moving),
- capturing movements of actors (motion capture),
- CGI scene composition and stereoscopic rendering,
- image-based lighting.
• S3D Post-production Final Touches
August 27-30, 2012 - Prague, CZE
- colour grading,
- special effects,
- sound effects,
S3D Documentary Closer to Reality / July 2 - 5, 2012 / Prague
A workshop with high quality professionals in the field of stereoscopy and filmmaking, meet with the professionals and discuss about solutions for problems connected with the use of S-3D technology in documentary movies with emphasis on preparation (script and storyboard). The First day will be devoted to theory, script and storyboard preparations. Following days will focus on hands-on experience.
You don’t need to have a previous knowledge of stereoscopy 3D, you will discover how the greatest movies were done and why simply putting two cameras next to each other can never produce a good stereoscopic 3D movie.
Are you ready to share your concepts ? Stereoscopy 3D movie filmmaking will not have any more secrets for you.
Ciant can offer scholarships, for this we would need a motivation letter. The maximum scholarships offered is of 5 per Workshop. Scholarships are available especially to participants from EU new member states (Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia) or with interesting project in development!