World Congress of Science & Factual Producers
November 29 - December 2, 2011
Paris / France
The World Congress of Science and Factual Producers (WCSFP) is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the 2011 Emerging Markets Bursary Program, a program that provides attendance support for documentary producers from regions beyond those of the event’s traditional delegate base.
The WCSFP recognizes that regional infrastructure and production capacity limitations can prevent many producers from attending the Congress. The Emerging Markets Bursary Program aims to provide these producers with access to the event’s industry intelligence, professional development opportunities, and international community, thus assisting them in expanding their projects into new territories.
The Bursary offers established producers no-cost accreditation, travel and accommodation for the World Congress of Science and Factual Producers in Paris, France, from November 29 to December 2, with the additional benefits of guaranteed meetings and networking opportunities with the top producers and commissioning editors in the industry.
- Full registration for the 2011 World Congress of Science and Factual Producers in Paris;
- Travel and accommodation;
- Formal introduction at the Congress’ opening plenary;
- Guaranteed one-on-one meetings with commissioning editors at Speed Dating sessions;
- Pre-arranged meetings with seasoned producers to help facilitate the most effective WCSFP experience
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Applicants must be working in a country outside those of the WCSFP’s traditional delegate base (i.e. outside of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, USA);
- Applicants must be established producers working on science, history or other factual genres in their home territories who are looking to expand into multiple international markets
To be eligible, candidates must submit their application with all necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 30, 2011.
- A CV and short bio that indicates how long the applicant has been a professional producer;
- One page application statement detailing the applicant's involvement in science and/or factual production, including a description of his/her most recent project and his/her goals for attending Congress;
- An electronic clip reel of recent projects (no longer than two minutes, and no larger than 300MB);
- A letter of support from a broadcaster in the applicant's region
Applications deemed complete and eligible will be submitted to a Selection Committee made up of one member of the WCSFP Steering Committee, one member of the Board of Directors and one member at large. Successful candidates will be notified by email the week of October 10, 2011.
SCIENCE AND FACTUAL PRODUCERS TO MEET IN PARIS