- About Institute of Documentary Film
- Ex Oriente Film
- East European Forum
- Doc Launch
- East Silver
- East Doc Platform
- Czech Docs Project
- Other Activities
- IDF Calendar
Lisbon Docs is an international financing and coproduction forum for documentary film, organized by EDN (European Documentary Network) and AporDoc (The Portuguese Documentary Association), which takes place in the framework of doclisboa - International Film Festival.
During Lisbon Docs, 21 documentary projects will be developed in the intense workshop, pitched to a panel of leading broadcasters and individually matched for meeting with potential collaborators. Lisbon Docs is open for all European documentary professionals and has a limited number of seats for participants coming from outside Europe. Submissions are accepted from professionals, who want to take part in an intense creative dialogue and development process as well as present their project to potential financiers and co-producers. In the past Lisbon Docs has proven to be successful in pushing filmmakers into the international scene.
Documentary conference w/pitching workshop and pitching session for documentary filmmakers and producers from Portugal, Western and Eastern Europe: October 15 - 20, 2012.
Lisbon Docs is a documentary pitching session consisting
- a pitching session with a panel of leading commissioning editors
- a pitching workshop preparing you and your project for the pitch
- master classes on international aspects of documentary making
- screenings of new documentaries
During Lisbon Docs 21 selected documentary projects will be developed during the intense workshop, pitched to a panel of leading broadcasters and individually matched for meeting with potential collaborators.
We will add information on the panel participants as they are confirmed.
In 2011 the following panel participants were present for Lisbon Docs:
- Jenny Westergard, YLE, Finland
- Wilbur Leguebe, RTBF, Belgium
- Hanka Kastelikova, RTV SLO, Slovenia
- Charlotte Gry Madsen, DR International Sales, Denmark
- Stefan Kloos, Rise and Shine World Sales, Germany
- Hjalmar Palmgren, SVT, Sweden
- Roberto Blatt, Multicanal, Spain
- Reinhart Lohmann, ZDF/ARTE, Germany
- Louise Rosen, Film Development and Distribution Consultant, USA
- Anais Clanet, WIDE House, France
- Helena Torres, RTP2, Portugal
For non-Portuguese submissions
DVDs should be posted to:
Att: Hanne Skjødt
Vognmagergade 10 1st floor
Participating as Observer
For Lisbon Docs a number of observer seats are available. When participating as an observer you will take part in all sessions on equal terms with the pitching participants. Only exception is not having a concrete project developed and pitched. Observers pay 200 Euro for participating. You apply for an observer seat by emailing a motivation for your participation to Inês Mestre.
Each selected project pays a participation fee of 300 Euro, which includes one participating person. Every other member of the pitching team pays an individual fee of 200 Euro.
Members of Apordoc and EDN get a 20% discount on the participation fee.
Phone: +45 3313 1122
Lisbon Docs Largo da Madalena, Nº 1, 1º