- About Institute of Documentary Film
- Ex Oriente Film
- East European Forum
- Doc Launch
- East Silver
- East Doc Platform
- Czech Docs Project
- Other Activities
- IDF Calendar
Power to the Pixel is a company dedicated to supporting film and the wider media in its transition to a digital age with a passion for connecting creative talent to audiences. All its cross-media services are dedicated to a core idea that success is driven by knowledge – most critically of how to work in a rapidly-evolving, customer-driven international market.
Power to the Pixel is delighted to announce its Pixel Market which will take place on 17 and 18 October 2012 in London.
We are delighted to announce that we are extending the deadline for applications for The Pixel Market 2012 (17 & 18 Oct) until Friday 27 July.
The Pixel Market is the only marketplace dedicated to financing cross-media projects from around the world.
There are four amazing prizes to be won this year:
• £6,000 ARTE Pixel Pitch Prize - the Grand Prix
• beActive Pixel Market Comedy Prize
• Cinekid Pixel Market Prize (kids 4-14 yrs)
• Mozilla Pixel Market Prize for a non-fiction project
Final deadline for applications: Friday 27 July 18.00 BST
Who can apply?
1. Submissions must be made by the Producer of the project and be submitted through a production company. Projects without a producer attached will not be eligible.
2. Producer(s) must own the rights to develop and produce the project in all required media.
3. Applications from producers that are students on the dates of The Pixel Market will not be eligible.
4. Projects being developed through The Pixel Lab 2012 will not be eligible although other projects being developed through the company with another producer attached can be accepted.
5. Power to the Pixel will provide accreditation to The Pixel Market and Forum Conference for one member of each team selected to attend. This must be the Producer or Creator. Additional team members will be charged an accreditation fee of £150 excluding VAT to attend.
6. Only one accreditation is available per team to attend Power to the Pixel’s Conference Summit on 16 October 2012. Additional team members wishing to attend the Conference will need to pay the applicable accreditation fee.
How does The Pixel Pitch work?
7. Teams selected to pitch on 17 October will compete for the Pixel Pitch Prize (£6,000 was awarded by ARTE in 2011).
8. A maximum of two members per team will be allowed to pitch, one of whom must be the Producer or Director of the project.
9. Teams are given 10 minutes to present their project (including visuals) which will be followed by 20 minutes feedback from a roundtable jury in front of a public audience.
10. The winner of the Pixel Pitch Prize will be announced in an evening drinks reception following The Pixel Meetings on 18 October 2012.
How do The Pixel Meetings work?
11. Power to the Pixel will arrange a day of bespoke one-to-one business meetings of half an hour each, between project teams and potential creative and financial partners.
12. Project teams will be able to request up to five meetings with potential project partners although these meetings cannot be guaranteed.
13. The Pixel Meetings will be followed by an evening networking drinks reception where the winner of the Pixel Pitch Prize will be announced. This is not open to the public.
14. Applications and supplementary materials must be delivered in English.
15. Projects must span a combination of film, TV, online, mobile, interactive, publishing, live events and/or gaming.
16. Power to the Pixel will give preference to teams with a strong track record within their industry sector.
17. Projects must be at an advanced stage of development.
18. Application forms and all supplementary materials must be delivered online eg. stills, storyboards, video (10 mins max) by uploading files and providing urls to where materials have been uploaded within the application form
19. If you don’t have a website, here are some places you can upload content to:
Vimeo – www.vimeo.com for video, stills, music files
SoundCloud - http://www.soundcloud.com for music files
Flickr – www.flickr.com for stills
Photobucket – www.photobucket.com for stills
Picasa – http://picasa.google.com for stills
YouTube – www.youtube.com for video files
20. All application forms and supplementary materials must be received by 20 July 2012 (18.00 BST) at email@example.com
Pixel Market 1a Adpar Street, 3rd Floor
W2 1DE London back