General information and education
1971 born in Děčín, Czech Republic
1979 Emigration of the family to Germany
1991 Abitur (high school degree)
1996-2002 Student of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague,
Faculty: Film and Television (FAMU)
2002 Masters Degree (Master of Arts)
At the moment active in Czech Republic and Germany
1996-2001 Director of the short films “Flying”,”Fotograf” and “Road to You”
1998-2005 Assistant Editor on several big international projects, the last one was “Oliver Twist” by Roman Polanski.
A big part of my work was organization, translation, coordination.
1998-2005 Work as free lance editor. Last project:”Kontakt”, a feature film for ZDF/Arte, still in post-production
Born on March 27th 1973 in Děčín/Czech Republic
1979 Immigration with my family to Germany
1991 Abitur (German state degree)
1992-95 Bavaria Film Munic
- Practicing on set of “Der Fahnder” or “Tatort” as clapper loader or production assistant
- 1st assistant editor
- Sound editor
1996-2001 FAMU, Prague
- 1998 short film “Flying”
- 1999 short film “Fotograf”
- 2001 final film „Triology of dreams“
- during my studies on FAMU I’ve been collaborating on many students and experimental films. As we were forced to do everything by ourselves, I have experience of each part of the filmjob.
- I was student at the editing department. During mz studies I alreadz edited a couple of documentaries for TV, like:
- 1999 “Iluze Bila” for the Lithuanian TV
- 1999 “Macedonia Jazz”
- 2000 “Namornicky Valcik”, winner of the festival in Cotbus
1998-2003 assistance on international Film – Productions
1998 “Plunkett and McLeane”, with Liv Tyler
1999 “Les Fleurs d’Harrisson”, a French-American co-production
2000 “A Knight’s Tale”
2001 “Hart’s War” with Bruce Willis
2002 “XXX” with VanDiesel
2003 SFX – Editor on “The Rise of Evil”, about the live of Hitler
Besides of the regular film-job I’ve done a lot of unpredictable work like translating, organiying, making life easier for a filmmaker from abroad.
since spring 2003 lector at the highschool for media management in Berlin
Apart from that I’m working as a free-lance filmmaker.
At the moment I’m searching for locations and themes,
writing scripts and organizing an exhibition of my fotografs.