INDUSTRY SECTION CONSISTS OF:
1) 5th EAST EUROPEAN FORUM
2) Accompanying programme:
* Panel Discussion “DIRECTLY TO VIEWER! – New Ways of digital Docu Distribution ”
* “Children of Jihlava”– case studies of the successful projects from the past Forums
3) EAST SILVER Documentary Market
The 5th EAST EUROPEAN FORUM - Pitching
Institute of Documentary Film organizes already the 5th pitching forum supporting financing and creation of quality East European documentary films. where East European directors and independent producers will offer 24 documentary projects to the representatives of main European TV stations.
October 26-28 2005 Pitch workshop where the East European directors and producers will /with the assistance of the experienced tutors and lecturers/ learn the techniques of the pitching and will attend lectures about the Euroepan documentary film market.
October 29-30 2005 East European Pitching Forum where the workshop participants will offer their 24 professionally elaborated projects to the established European commissioning editors and producers. East European Forum is organized by IDF in co-operation of EDN and Jihlava IDFF.
* The commissioning editors of this year‘s East European Forum: Kathrin Brinkmann (ZDF, Germany), Flemming Grenz (DR TV, Denmark), Marijke Huijbrechts (AVRO Television, Netherlands), Paul Pauwels (VRT-CANVAS, Belgium), Wim Van Rompaey (Lichtpunt, Belgium), Jenny Westergaard (YLE, Finland), Sari Volanen (YLE Co-productions, Finland), Andrey Titkow (TVP, Poland), Caroline Behar (France 5), Dr. Claudia Schreiner (MDR, Germany), Martin Stoll ( Czech TV), Rasa Miskinyte (LRT, Lithuania)
* The tutors, who will lead the Pitch Workshop: Tue Steen Muller (European Documentary Network, Ex Oriente Film, Denmark), Leena Pasanen (European Documentary Network, YLE), Stefano Tealdi (Stefilm, Italy), Fleur Knopperts (IDFA Forum), Serge Lalou (Les Films d’Ici, France), Cecilia Lidin (EDN), Jan Gogola (Czech TV ), Filip Remunda (director, Czech Republic)
Programme of the East European Forum
Documentary projects that will be pitched
OPEN ACCOMPANYING PROGRAM of the East European Forum
* IDF will present the results of the past pitching forums by offering the three CASE STUDIES OF THE SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS - “Children of Jihlava” . Czech film “Troublemaking Genius” by Tomas Kudrna, a film by Polish director Marcin Latallo “ Our Street” and “Taking Back the Stable” by Czech-South-African project by Jeffrey Brown, Keith Jones and Michael Lee will offer a survey of their successful path through the process of the European documentary co-production. More information about the case studies.
* Panel Discussion “DIRECTLY TO VIEWER! – New Ways of digital Docu Distribution ” will delineate how can the documentary film get closer to its audience through the alternative distribution channels. Representatives of the main European companies and organizations focused on digital distribution of the documentary films, who will be among the pannelists: C. Cay Wesnigk - OnlineFILM/Germany, Luisa Schwamborn - Reelport /Germany, Vincent Lucassen – Cinema Net Europe/Austria, Radek Auer - Bonton Film/Czech Republic, Jiri Chvojka 5TV/CR, Mikael Opstrup - FinalCut Productions/Denmark. The Panel discussion is co-organized by the Institute of Documentary Film and the Audiovisual Producers' Associations.
EAST SILVER DocMarket 2005
EAST SILVER DOCmarket 2005 attracted over 360 documentaries from Central and Eastern Europe!!! East Silver 2005 is the second issue of the highly successful market for documentaries from Central and East Europe that promotes documentaries without any participation fee and internationally through the: catalogue + video library + specialized on-line database and through the traveling showcase East Silver Caravan which presents a special selection of the East Silver documentaries at the European festivals and markets.Each year East Silver gathers key European buyers, distributors and broadcasters and European festival programme directors and acquisitors
ACCREDITATIONS for film professionals
Click above to get the pdf and on-line accreditation form.
The form should be sent to email@example.com .
The accreditation can also be bought in Jihlava upon your arrival.
The INDUSTRY SECTION is organized in co-opreation and in the frame of the 9.th INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY FILM FESTIVAL JIHLAVA