Ex Oriente Film
Ex Oriente Film Workshop – 2nd Session: Production Development
Location: Prague (Czech Republic)
Dates: June 13 - 19, 2011
The second Ex Oriente Film session will keep its tradition and offer participants and filmmakers master classes, seminars and sessions dedicated to production planning, copyright and legal issues, marketing, trailer editing, storytelling, as well as consultations for directors and producers open to professionals and the general public.
Primarily, it will deal with financing, budgeting according to EU standards, legal aspects of co-production and strategies for selecting commissioning editors and an appropriate television format, as well as a deeper creative development of the film projects. The second session includes the following key subjects: A Day of Budgeting, A Day of Legal Aspects, A Day of Financial Tour, as well as parallel programmes for directors, including dramaturgical exercises, editing lab for trailers, etc.
For the past eight years, the Ex Oriente Film workshop has served as an umbrella institution for the documentary community in the region, with workshop sessions taking place in other countries in the region (Slovakia in 2006, Hungary in 2007, Austria in 2008 and Poland in 2010).
As part of the open session in Prague we will again offer arranged consultations for the local filmmakers who will be able to discuss their upcoming projects. They will apply for a meeting in advance so that the experts can get their projects in advance and prepare for one-on-one meetings in order to be able to efficiently help them in completing their films as well as improving their contact network.
- Marijke Rawie - Expert consultant / lead workshop tutor, The Netherlands
- Mikael Opstrup - Head of Studies EDN and lead workshop tutor, Denmark
- Hedda van Gennep - script doctor, The Netherlands
- Jonathan Oppenheim - editor, USA
- Stefan Rűll - Attorney-at-law, Germany
- Itamar Rose - director, video artist, Israel
- Vitaly Manskiy - director, President of ARTDOCFEST, Russia
- Tamara Moyzes - video artist, Czech Republic, Israel
- Martichka Bozhilova - producer, Agitprop Ltd., Bulgaria
- Andrey Paounov - director, Bulgaria
- Marta Lamperová - producer, Slovakia
- Matouš Outrata - editor, Czech Republic
- Carmen Cobos - producer, Cobos Films, The Netherlands
Details on the venue, exact dates and the final programme will be provided in mid-May 2011.