Ex Oriente Film
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 1, 2010
Download the 2010 Ex Oriente Film Application Form.
Participation fee is EUR 1,500 per selected project (includes all accommodation, coffee breaks and lunches during the three workshops for 1-2 pers.). The deadline for payment is Monday, March 8, 2010.
Participants from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia may apply for a scholarship to cover part of the accommodation and participation fees. Applicants must prove that there is no possibility of scholarship in their own country and that the project is not supported by any development funding.
Conditions of Participation:
Participants must be proficient in English. All workshop sessions must be attended by both the producer and the director.
What is unique about the 2010 Ex Oriente Film?
- Participants work simultaneously on production as well as on the storyline, content and visual style, supporting primarily innovative and fresh film language;
- Creative directors are invited to offer participants inspiration;
- Ex Oriente Film helps creative projects that cannot be funded through standard TV sales by trying to find alternative channels and opportunities;
- Filmmakers are supported not only during the sessions, but also through consultations in between the workshops; they also get support to travel to the main industry events where they attend consultations and receive assistance with networking;
- After the workshop, we keep in touch with all our participants, and through other IDF activities we offer comprehensive follow-up support, providing international PR for any new developments, festival participation or distribution.