Ex Oriente Film
1st workshop: "The Way of Co-Production" (Prague - February 2004)
is focused on the preparation and development of a documentary project for documentary co-production. Participants: directors and producers of the project
2nd workshop: "Company Strategy" (Prague - 2004)
is aimed at establishing and development of production companies in Eastern Europe. Participants: producers of the project. Follow up of project development.
3rd workshop: "Market Opens" (International Documentary film Festival Jihlava - October 2004)
is dedicated to marketing and promotion of films, pitching techniques and opportunities and the potential of East-European independent producers in the European market. Participants: directors and producers of the project
Who can participate:
directors and producers with their own projects (they must be able to communicate in English at the workshop)
- be from the MEDIA+ countries
- have several years of experience working in the film and television industry
- be particularly motivated to work in a wider European context
What projects are suitable for European co-production:
- Projects for which the author has already completed the preliminary research and has a clear idea of the main line of the film
- Subjects with strong stories appealing not only to a small audience but potentially to diverse viewers from various cultural backgrounds
- The subject doesn't have to be European in terms of scope. It can be a local story, yet it should relate to a universal human experience, generalize its message and show its content in a social or time-spatial context.
- The genre of the film can be very diverse ranging from full-length documentaries to portraits or historical films.
Participation fee is EURO 150, - per selected project and it is covering costs of whole year workshop and accommodation in ** hotel for producer and director of the project (except participants based in Prague).
Participation fee does not cover travel and food expenses.
Institute of Documentary Film in association with European Documentary Network
MEDIA+ program of European Commission, State Fund for Support and Development of Czech Cinematography, International Visegrad Fund, Czech German Future Fund, British Council, FAMU, Jihlava High School, International Documentary Film Festival Jihlava 2004