Ex Oriente Film Babies
February 5 - 9, 2011
Prague / Czech Republic
Ex Oriente Film Babies - the fourth session of the Ex Oriente Film workshop consists of rough-cut analysis, meetings, case studies and screenings of successful Ex Oriente Film documentaries. Our main intention is to examine the outcome of professionally developed projects (film pack and trailer) in combination with an outlined strategy for their distribution in the European market. The second, more important part of the programme includes editing work on rough cuts with the intention of offering some inspirational input to the filmmakers when finalizing their films. In short, the programme focuses on editing analysis and distribution strategy by involving top class editing tutors and by inviting sales agents (distributors).
The Ex Oriente Film Babies workshop runs from Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 2pm through Wednesday, February 9, 2011, noon (closing session).
There will be six films attending the workshop. Each film will be represented by director and editor of the film. The venue of the workshop will be FAMU in Prague downtown. Projects attending the session will be announced soon.
- Editing tutors (each tutor will be in charge of two projects):
- Stan Neumann (French director and editor, with whom we've been cooperating for years now, an excellent teacher and editor)
- Peter Symes (co-founder of Sheffield FF, former Head of Studies for Documentary Campus, also a filmmaker and accomplished tutor)
- Tonička Janková (Czech editor, working with documentaries for three decades in the Czech Republic, USA and Italy, a remarkable professional with a very specific approach to work in the editing room)
- Sales agent guest tutors - representatives of First Hand Films and Cat and Docs
- Director - Austrian filmmaker Andreas Horvath
The programme will consist of an opening session, update on what has been done and where the films stand, editing of the rough cuts as well as group work discussions afterwards. Participants will also attend consultations / individual meetings with a sales agent and a general short overview session on sales and distribution. In the evening, there will be screenings of important inspirational films.