Film development timeline and workshop description
Stage 1 (April 2008 – September 2008) – Proposals selection and development
- Call for proposals – March 4, 2008
- Application deadline – April 7, 2008
- Reviewing the submissions and selecting projects for the first round – April 2008
- Meeting of the pre-selection committee – April 27 – 28, 2008
- Final meeting of the selection committee and interviews with selected applicants – May 22 - 23, 2008
- Following the interviews, 6 selected proposals and their participants will be contacted by phone; participation has to be confirmed also by email from both sides
- 6 selected projects attend the first workshop that will take place around July 10 - 13, 2008
The first stage of the project that includes a creative workshop is focused on project development. The six participants will attend a workshop that aims to aid with the research, idea, script development and pre-production. The workshop will be led by established lecturers, from the ranks of European directors, producers, distributors and other audiovisual professionals. Of the six projects, four will go into the next production stage in which they will start intensive cooperation with producers Jiří Konečný on the Czech side and Stefan Kloos on the German side.
Stage 2 (October 2008 – December 2009) – Film production and shooting
After the development stage, four films selected for the next stage will go into production. In May or June 2009, there will be a second workshop that will deal with production, post-production, editing and distribution strategy. The completed films will be premiered at the international documentary film festivals in Jihlava and Leipzig.